It’s that time of year again! The kids are at home for the summer and all the parents in the world are trying desperately to avoid hearing the dreadful “I’m bored” from their children. At Elegant Event Sitters, Inc. we specialize in keeping kids entertained for hours on end, and we’d like to give you a few arts and crafts to help get the job done at home. Here are three summer themed arts and crafts that your little ones are sure to love!
Mason Jar Aquariums from hello, Wonderful
- Mason jars
- Blue food coloring
- Filtered water (tap water tends to give a cloudier look, but is totally fine to use)
- Aquarium plastic figurines
- Aquarium rocks and plastic plants (you can buy these at any fish or pet stores)
- Blue and white glitter (optional)
- Glycerin (optional – this makes the glitter move more slowly when you shake the jar)
These little aquariums will make great decorations for your kid’s room! They’re wonderful to look at and everyone will have a great time making them!
Pineapple Thumbprint Art from Beckham + Belle
- Acrylic paint (any combination of colors will do)
- Canvas or paper
- Paper plates for easy clean up
This DIY is super simple and it makes for another adorable decoration for the fridge or the wall! This lets your children get their hands a little dirty and create something that they’ll be proud of!
Dirt Pudding Cups from Oh! Nuts!
- 1 15-ounce package chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 1 3.9-ounce package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 24 gummy worms
- Plastic cups
We’d thought we’d like to end with a sweet treat for your little ones to make and enjoy. These dirt sundaes are super cute and easy to make, and they’re a well deserved dessert for your kids at the end of the day.